Klaviyo Shopify Integration: What Shopify Users Need to Know
What is Klaviyo?
Klaviyo is an incredibly user-friendly app which helps e-commerce storeowners capitalize on the tremendous potential of email marketing. By personalizing and automating the types of emails which are most profitable for your online store, Klaviyo helps businesses generate sales by implementing best practices in email marketing on autopilot. Particularly for Shopify storeowners, integrating Klaviyo email templates into your store’s communications can help you earn more money while spending less time drafting emails.
Table of Contents
Klaviyo Key Features
Klaviyo integrates foundational concepts in email marketing into the app, such as abandoned cart reminders, promotions for repeat customers, and personalized emails with recommended products. Moreover, you’ll be able to take advantage of a full range of features:
- Shopify Integration: All it takes is a single click to integrate Klaviyo with your Shopify dashboard, and you’ll be presented with clear data that will help your business operate more profitably.
- A/B Split Testing: The app will also let you test multiple versions of a campaign to test the effectiveness of each, which is an essential tool in e-commerce.
- Segmentation Tools: Emails that are too general or vague aren’t going to cut it, so fortunately Klaviyo’s email templates allow you send targeted messages to precise audiences based on behavior.
- Efficient Autoresponders: Klaviyo takes email marketing automation to the next level by using the data it collects about potential and existing customers to spearhead email campaigns.
- Engaging Newsletters: Although some Klaviyo reviews have criticized the lack of ready-made templates, there is a lot to praise about the beautiful emails you’ll be able to create.
- Excellent Analytics: Integrating Google Analytics with Klaviyo is extremely straightforward, and you’ll have an easy time measuring the ROI of your email marketing campaigns to see where you have room for improvement.
Klaviyo Email Marketing Templates
Here are examples of strategic emails that you can craft with Klaviyo to increase the bottom line of your Shopify store:
- Abandoned Carts: With research indicating that the overwhelming majority of online shopping carts are abandoned before the transactions are completed, it’s essential that you reach out to these potential customers by sending effective and personalized reminders.
- Welcome Series: This email is your chance to make a powerful first impression on potential customers who as of yet don’t have a relationship with you, the founder. This your chance to share who you are, how you can help them, and which products they may be interested in.
- Repeat Customer Promotion: The more purchases a customer makes, the more likely they’ll be to purchase from your store in the future. This is why maintaining and nurturing these existing relationships is essential for the growth of your business.
- Dormant Customer Email: Klaviyo’s cutting edge web tracking will help you connect with customers who have visited your store in the past but need to be won back. If they haven’t returned after a fixed period of time, be it 30, 60, or 90 days, it’s advisable to create an email marketing campaign tailored towards reconnecting with these consumers.
- Product Review Requests: Having product reviews on your Shopify store’s website can help establish social proof and generate more sales, and it’s even worthwhile to incentivize the writing of reviews to promote them.
- Newsletter: Sending updates to your past customers is a great way of staying on their radar, encouraging them to continue purchasing from your store.
There are 4 different Klaviyo plans to choose from based on the number of contacts you have. As an additional plus, all Klaviyo plans start free up to 250 contacts or 500 emails, and include features like A/B testing, segmentation, and Shopify integration.
- Free version: This plan includes your first 250 email contacts. It’s enough to demonstrate the potential of Klaviyo
- Starter: At $25/month, this plan includes 500 contacts to whom you can send newsletters and automated emails with email marketing best practices integrated into them.
- Growth: At $350/month, the Growth plan includes up to 15,000 contacts and removes branding on emails and has single opt-in.
- Professional: At $1,000/month, this plan boasts up to 80,000 contacts and includes all of the aforementioned features plus dedicated IPs, custom unsubscribe and preference pages, and template and segment setup provided by Klaviyo.
- High Volume: For large e-commerce storeowners who have over 150,000 contacts or send 1.5 million emails, reach out to Klaviyo directly to customize a plan suited to your business’s needs. Klaviyo is a scalable app, and it can be used even by the most successful online stores.
Past, Present, and Future
Before founding Klaviyo, Andrew Bialecki and Ed Hallen spent time working at leading tech companies including Google, Performable, and Applied Predictive Technologies, where they began to appreciate the importance of integrating web analytics in marketing approaches. They were of the first to understand how automated data-driven emails had the power to increase customer engagement and boost sales.
The numbers speak for themselves, as the app has been able to generate $75 in revenue for each dollar spent on emails. Klaviyo’s success has catapulted it to the top of the industry, where it’s been capturing the attention of prominent investors. As a result of a recent $1.5 million investment by tech leaders at Hubspot and others, Klaviyo will be expanding its platform to include yet more features and third-party integrations.
Word is quickly spreading that Klaviyo is a cost-effective solution that can be used by businesses of all sizes.
Has your company begun integrating the app into its marketing emails?
What types of challenges have you experienced or overcome?
And if you haven’t yet taken advantage of the platform, start today with the coupon code AGY-JK that will provide you with a 10% lifetime discount off all Klaviyo plans!